To train and develop men and women for ministry to be leaders who have godly character, strong biblical literacy and theological understanding, and effective ministry skills.
A well-rounded internship will have most, if not all, of the following areas to experience or learn about:
- Conflict resolution
- Public speaking
- Ministry skills (e.g., weddings, funerals, crisis, visitation)
Above all other commitments an intern makes, we want an intern to be faithfully walking with Jesus Christ and a godly example for others to follow.
- The standard internship is 12 to 15 hours a week. This is adjusted based on individual circumstances. The intern will be held accountable to the hours per week they commit to.
- Designated office hours. These hours can be on a weekly or monthly basis, as deemed necessary by you and your ministry supervisor.
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings with other interns and pastors. Exact date and time to be determined.
- Attendance at one Church Council meeting a year. These meetings are held once a month. Check with your ministry supervisor to see which meeting would be most beneficial.
- Weekly meeting with your ministry supervisor.
- Participate in the five core functions of AABC consistently (Respond, Equip, Nurture, Engage, and Worship).
College/Young Adult Intern
To provide ministerial assistance to our college and young adult ministries with the goal of encouraging our college students and young adults to become everyday Christians in their communities of influence.